Tuesday 14 April 2020

ONCE IN A LIFETIME...

TRIBUTE TO BERRY AND BETSY 

[MY ADOPTED DOGS]

Me and older sister, had been asking for a puppy for almost 5 years now,but my parents never said yes. We did everything thing you could think of! Wrote letters, did extra chores, proved to be responsible....
But no, they would never listen to us. They kept saying it was a BIG responsibility, (yesh I know😂) 
 One day, after I came home from school, I saw 2 CUTE! dogs, that were friendly-looking. I decided to feed them😛
for the next few weeks , they kept coming around the neighborhood ,for treats.In a month or so, I began to pet them too!
We became friends..a bit later I named them''BERRY AND BETSY''. "The dog catchers" (people from the blue cross) came around once in two months or so, I wanted to tie a leash to the dogs,but I didn't have a leash, so I got some satin ribbons and my dad tied the ribbons around Berry and Betsy.     The next morning when I saw them, they did not have the ribbons around their neck! So we tied another ribbon but they kept coming back without it!
I thought it was uncomfortable for the dogs..and there was nothing I could do about it..     

Every evening I came home from school, they would chase after me and my mom.
My mom and sis Were scared of them..my sister did not like Berry and Betsy! Seriously, i was like "What is not to love these doggos?😍)

Berry and Betsy were not only my dogs,but pets to the whole neighborhood! (I didn't like sharing them though. I wanted them to be my pets only. I know that sounds... not so nice 😂)  
I was really close to Betsy..I even trained her to give me a handshake! 
Whenever I fed them..Berry would always eat Betsy's biscuits! Berry was a good girl too, but she's not that loyal to me. There's this person who lives a few minutes away from me, and whenever Berry sees him, she runs to meet "the person" (who shall remain unnamed) I was often upset with Berry.
Betsy had blunt ears, and a white ring of fur on her neck..
Berry had sharp ears, with a white star on her neck..

And just like that, they became a huge part of my life..we played together..we fought [Yes, I had fights with the dogs..😂]
And my sis was getting along with the dogs too!.

Grab a box of tissues..this next part is really sad....

One morning..i waved to Berry and Betsy ..and left for school...
It was that evening, that my worst nightmare came true.
The street was empty.No one came chasing me, or to give me a handshake..
I waited..but they did not come.
That's when a neighbour came to me and told me:
"The dog catchers came" .I dropped my bags and searched for Berry and Betsy..They were always here! But not now.😥
I did not want it to be true..But....
IT WAS!!
I tried to hold my tears..I ran into the house..my sis tried to comfort me...
I burst into the bedroom and  had a really good cry..
The only dogs I had for about..3 months, were now..GONE...
I asked everyone what would have happened to the dogs..they said they would come back in a week or 2.......
I waited ... for a week.. a month.. two months...But they never came back ..
It's been four months now .. and I'm still waiting....

P.S. it's been a year now. Almost. And they're not coming back. 💔

                                                             THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment